EN 14476, EN 16777 test specialists. Perfectus Biomed Group are GLP compliant leaders in efficacy testing against viruses such as Coronavirus and Norovirus
Virucidal efficacy testing is important for assessing the activity of a variety of products against viruses. Testing can be carried out in a range of models including suspension tests and hard surface carrier tests. These methods can be used to assess a range of products, such as household and industrial disinfectants. We are GLP complaint, ISO 9001 certified and ISO 17025 accredited. Our test data can be used to support the specific antiviral claim of a product. Perfectus Biomed also offer viral barrier testing for wound dressings and many other materials.
We will work with you to help you understand the different viral models, helping you to choose a method that is most suitable for both you and your product.
Please contact us if you would like to discuss a test method with us in more detail.
- TCID50 (Median Tissue Culture Infectious Dose) – to verify viral titre
- ISO 18184 – Determination of Antiviral Activity of Textile Products
- ASTM E1052 – Standard Test Method for Efficacy of Antimicrobial Agents Against Viruses in Suspension
- ASTM E1053 – Standard Test Method to Assess Virucidal Activity of Chemicals Intended for Disinfection of Inanimate, Nonporous Environmental Surfaces
- ASTM E2197 – Standard Quantitative Disk Carrier Test Method for Determining the Virucidal Activities of Liquid Chemical Germicides
- EN 14476 – Chemical Disinfectants and Antiseptics – Quantitative Suspension Test for the Evaluation of Virucidal Activity in the Medical Area
- Pre-Saturated Towelettes Virucidal Effectiveness Test
- Viral barrier testing
Common names of viruses in our collection:
- Respiratory syncytial virus (most common cause of bronchiolitis)
- Rhinovirus (common cold viruses)
- Seasonal coronaviruses (HCoV-229E and HCoV-OC43)
- Flu viruses
- Maedi-Visna virus
- Vaccinia virus
- Minute virus of mice
- Mouse hepatitis virus