Perfectus Biomed specialise in viral assays, including virucidal efficacy and viral barrier testing.
Virucidal efficacy testing is important for assessing the activity of a variety of products against viruses. Testing can be carried out in a range of models including suspension tests and hard surface carrier tests. These methods can be used to assess a range of products, such as household and industrial disinfectants. Perfectus Biomed also offer viral barrier testing for wound dressings and many other materials.
Testing methods include ISO 18184, ASTM E1052, ASTM E1053, ASTM E2197 and EN 14476. GLP compliant testing is also available.
We will work with you to help you understand the different viral models, helping you to choose a method that is most suitable for both you and your product.
Please contact us if you would like to discuss a test method with us in more detail.
- TCID50 (Median Tissue Culture Infectious Dose) – to verify viral titre
- ISO 18184 – Determination of Antiviral Activity of Textile Products
- ASTM E1052 – Standard Test Method for Efficacy of Antimicrobial Agents Against Viruses in Suspension
- ASTM E1053 – Standard Test Method to Assess Virucidal Activity of Chemicals Intended for Disinfection of Inanimate, Nonporous Environmental Surfaces
- ASTM E2197 – Standard Quantitative Disk Carrier Test Method for Determining the Virucidal Activities of Liquid Chemical Germicides
- EN 14476 – Chemical Disinfectants and Antiseptics – Quantitative Suspension Test for the Evaluation of Virucidal Activity in the Medical Area
- Pre-Saturated Towelettes Virucidal Effectiveness Test
- Viral barrier testing
Our library of test organisms includes:
Enterococcus faecium (VRE)
Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA and MSSA)
Other- please ask.
Get in Touch
We are happy to help with your microbiological requirements and with any other queries you may have.