The sporicidal standard, BS EN 13704:2018 Chemical Disinfectants. Quantitative suspension test for the evaluation of sporicidal activity of chemical disinfectants used in food, industrial, domestic and institutional areas, has recently been updated. The revised standard supersedes EN 13704:2002.
The EN 13704:2018 standard was revised in order to include spore susceptibility controls, to better detail spore preparation procedures and to harmonise counting and elaboration of the results with the other CEN/TC 216 current standards. Perfectus Biomed now offer the new standard EN 13704:2018 test.
The Changes to BS EN 13704
EN 13704:2018 includes the following changes in comparison to EN 13704:2002:
- Procedures for spore preparation are amended
- Spore suspension susceptibility controls are included
- Spore maturation time is included
- Counting of results and result details are coordinated with other relevant standards
- Essential contact time and temperature conditions are removed and minimum/maximum conditions are added
- Dirty conditions have been added
Any results that are obtained using the previous version of the EN 13704 standard are not valid.
If you need support in obtaining results which meet the new EN 13704:2018 standard, Perfectus Biomed would be happy to support you in achieving these.