Biofilm-encased microorganisms cause around 80% of all microbial infections.This goes for a variety of sectors, including both medical and environmental. Biofilm testing, as a result, is required when microorganisms are difficult to treat and control.
Biofilms are problematic in healthcare environments. They can affect chronic wounds, catheters and medical devices. Biofilms can also pose problems in environmental settings, including water treatment plants and on large sea vessels. Consequently, there are a huge range of products available for the treatment and control of biofilms.
Perfectus Biomed can assess the relative efficacy of existing treatments. We can also couple this with research and development into new products
If you would like to discuss this further, please contact us.
We recognise that chronic wounds, such as those associated with diabetes and pressure ulcers, have a dramatic negative effect on patient well-being in terms of decreasing patient quality of life, increasing and prolonging pain and increasing the percentage of amputations. By supporting companies who produce chronic wound care products we aim to help; decrease patient pain, decrease the number of amputations resulting from long term chronic wounds and increase patient quality of life.
Infections relating to medical implants such as catheters, stents and joint prosthesis can result in local and systemic infection, implant replacement, patient pain and discomfort and associated healthcare costs. An improvement in the antimicrobial nature of medical implants helps to improve patient well-being and minimise healthcare costs.
Disinfectant testing to support infection control is vital in healthcare settings and in the community. Microorganisms can be spread by direct and indirect contact and can persist on hard surfaces for prolonged periods of time.
The concept of chronic microbial infections, and more specifically the term biofilm, initially entered the scientific and microbiological world in relation to dental biofilms such as plaque. Plaque is the most well-known and researched area of biofilm research with well understood causes and consequences.
Contact lens infections can lead to bacterial keratitis and red eye irritation and in severe cases blindness. These problems can be exasperated with the use of extended wear lenses.
Microbial contamination in water systems is a global problem that spans industries ranging from water treatment plants to shipping. Microbial infections within water treatment plants pose a wide spread health risk to the population and when these infections become biofilm related they can prove exceptionally difficult to remove from tubes, pipes and water vats.
Our library of test organism includes…
Choose from our library of test organism including standard reference strains, clinical isolates and environmental isolates.
Single or mixed species assays containing:
Enterococcus faecium (VRE)
Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA and MSSA)
WHO Priority organisms.
Other- please ask.
- Perfectus Biomed are exhibiting at Biofilms 8, 2018
- Perfectus Biomed will be exhibiting at the Dental Technology Showcase 2018
- Perfectus Biomed will be exhibiting at the EWMA 2018 conference
- Our Microbiological Sectors and Services
- Perfectus Biomed are exhibiting at the Symposium on Advanced Wound Care (SAWC) Spring 2018 conference
- Perfectus Biomed are attending Pharmig’s PCP Conference
- World Health Organisation (WHO) released data to show high levels of antibiotic resistance worldwide
- Perfectus Biomed – Microbiological Testing in the USA, Europe, Australia and South Africa
- Perfectus Biomed win Entrepreneur of the Year and the Award for Innovation at the High Sheriff Awards!
- Perfectus Biomed are finalists in the High Sheriff of Cheshire Enterprise Awards