COVID-19 statement – April 2020
During these unprecedented times, the team at Perfectus Biomed first and foremost hope you and your loved ones are staying safe and healthy at home.
As a business we are closely monitoring the COVID-19 situation and its implications surrounding work. We are following all government advice to ensure our key workers continue doing their bit to fight this virus. By enforcing new work measures according to the UK Government’s advice, we have continued to deliver on all our work commitments as well as keep to delivery time frames.
In our response we have put measures in place to ensure the safety of our colleagues:
- Our office staff are now working from home and remain contactable by phone, email and telephone conferencing.
- Laboratory staff and other essential key workers adhere to social distancing practices whilst on our premises and their workstations have been adjusted to ensure a safe 2 metre distance from others.
- Our Commercial and Business Development team are conducting all client calls digitally through telephone and video conferencing.
At present we are currently working on a host of COVID-19 fighting innovation studies in a bid to support our country, NHS and the Government. As a result, we are fast tracking disinfectants and healthcare product enquiries for efficacy testing against coronavirus.
Below are just some of the tests and methods we perform to support coronavirus claims:
- Minimum requirements: For claims against enveloped viruses, disinfectants must be validated against the EN 14476:2013+A2:2019 standard using vaccinia virus. A 4-Log reduction is required to pass this test for contact times less than two minutes for hand hygiene products and less than 5 minutes for surface disinfectant products. This test covers all enveloped viruses including coronaviruses.
- For disinfectant efficacy against enveloped viruses on a surface, tests must be performed against the EN 16777:2018 standard using vaccinia virus. A pass for this test will also allow claims against enveloped viruses including coronaviruses.
- We also provide tests against human coronavirus 229E, a surrogate virus, that has been used for regulatory claims specifically against coronavirus.
Our UK laboratory is ISO 9001 and ISO 17025 certified, UKAS accredited and GLP compliant and we are proud to offer excellent regulatory compliance and quality.
Should you have any further questions surrounding our coronavirus testing capabilities or have a product you would like to talk to us about, please contact us at email@example.com or telephone +44 (0)1925 737 237.
May we take this opportunity to wish that you, your family, friends and colleagues remain healthy throughout this challenging time.
Stay safe and best wishes,
Perfectus Biomed Ltd
Get in Touch
We are happy to help with your microbiological requirements and with any other queries you may have.