Cell Culture and Viral Testing
Perfectus Biomed specialise in cell culture and viral testing. This includes biocompatibility testing, virucidal efficacy testing and viral barrier testing, to name a few.
Biocompatibility testing is essential to support the biological evaluation of medical devices. Perfectus Biomed use in vitro wound models and also cell models to aid biocompatibility assessments using ISO 10993 guidance. We measure parameters such as cytotoxicity, hemocompatibility, irritation, corrosion and proliferation viability.
Virucidal efficacy testing is important for assessing the activity of a variety of products against viruses. These products typically include both household and industrial disinfectants. Virucidal efficacy testing can be carried out by using either suspension tests or hard surface carrier tests. Perfectus Biomed also offer viral barrier testing for wound dressings and many other materials.
We will work with you to help you understand the benefits of the different cell and viral models. We will therefore help you to choose a test method that is most suitable for both you and your product.
Cell Culture and Viral Testing:
Please see the below list of cell culture assays and viral assays that Perfectus Biomed can offer. Please contact us if you would like to discuss a test method with us in more detail.
Cell culture assays include:
- Biocompatibility – ISO 10993-3 Biological evaluation of medical devices – Part 3: Tests for genotoxicity
- Biocompatibility – ISO 10993-4 Biological evaluation of medical devices – Part 4: Selection of tests for interaction with blood
- Biocompatibility – ISO 10993-5 Biological evaluation of medical devices – Part 5: Tests for in vitro cytotoxicity – Direct contact
- Biocompatibility – ISO 10993-5 Biological evaluation of medical devices – Part 5: Tests for in vitro cytotoxicity – Indirect contact
- USP 87 – Cytotoxicity
- In vitro scratch test
- Gel contraction assays
- EpiSkin Reconstructed Human Epidermis – Skin Irritation Assay
- EpiSkin Reconstructed Human Epidermis – Skin Corrosion Assay
Viral assays include:
- AATCC 100 – Assessment of Antibacterial Finishes on Textile Materials, Modified for Viruses
- ASTM E1052 – Standard Test Method for Efficacy of Antimicrobial Agents Against Viruses in Suspension
- ASTM E1053 – Standard Test Method to Assess Virucidal Activity of Chemicals Intended for Disinfection of Inanimate, Nonporous Environmental Surfaces
- EN 14476 – Chemical Disinfectants and Antiseptics – Quantitative Suspension Test for the Evaluation of Virucidal Activity in the Medical Area
- Pre-Saturated Towelettes Virucidal Effectiveness Test
- Viral barrier testing
Our library of test organism includes…
Choose from our library of test organism including standard reference strains, clinical isolates and environmental isolates.
Single or mixed species assays containing:
Enterococcus faecium (VRE)
Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA and MSSA)
WHO Priority organisms.
Other- please ask.
- Perfectus Biomed are finalists in the High Sheriff of Cheshire Enterprise Awards
- Perfectus Biomed co-publish paper in the Journal of Wound Care
- Perfectus Biomed Exhibiting at Cleaning Products Europe 2018
- Perfectus Biomed Breakout!
- Journal of Wound Care Award Winners 2018
- FDA is Enhancing Transparency of their Drug-Approval Process
- Perfectus Biomed Shortlisted at the Medilink Healthcare Business Awards 2018
- Perfectus Biomed are attending the Cleaning Products Europe 2018 Conference
- Journal of Wound Care (JWC) Awards 2018
- Perfectus Biomed to attend the 2018 Biofilm Science and Technology Meetings