Perfectus Biomed specialise in cell culture to support the biological evaluation of your product.
We use in vitro wound models and cell models to aid biocompatibility assessments using ISO 10993 guidance. We measure parameters such as cytotoxicity (USP 87), hemocompatibility, irritation, corrosion and proliferation viability. Testing to GLP is available.
Perfectus Biomed work closely with our clients, from study design to production of the scientific report.
We typically offer cell services to support our clients for one of three reasons:
1. Research and Development: product development, screening and pre-clinical data.
2. Biocompatibility and Sfety/regulatory Requirements: legal requirements and label claims.
3. Marketing: evidence to support the product on the market by highlighting competitive advantages, differentiations and USPs.
Biocompatibility and Safety Testing
- In vitro cytotoxicity: BS EN ISO 10993-5
- In vitro skin irritation using 3D reconstructed human epidermis: OECD 439
- In vitro skin corrosion using 3D reconstructed human epidermis: OECD TG431
Regulatory and Label Claims
- In vitro virucidal activity: BS EN 14476
- Macrophage activation assay (assessment for inhibition)
- Colonised skin model: in-house method
Marketing and Research & Development
- Scratch wound model: in-house method
- Conference abstracts and presentations
We help companies to accelerate their pipeline, expand product claims and highlight competitive advantages.
Cell Culture Testing:
Please see the below list of cell culture assays that Perfectus Biomed can offer. Please contact us if you would like to discuss a test method with us in more detail.
- Biocompatibility – ISO 10993-3: Tests for genotoxicity
- Biocompatibility – ISO 10993-4: Interaction with blood
- Biocompatibility – ISO 10993-5: in vitro cytotoxicity – Direct contact
- Biocompatibility – ISO 10993-5: in vitro cytotoxicity – Indirect contact
- USP 87 – Cytotoxicity
- In vitro scratch wound closure
- Gel contraction assays
- EpiSkin Reconstructed Human Epidermis – Skin Irritation Assay
- EpiSkin Reconstructed Human Epidermis – Skin Corrosion Assay
- Macrophage activation
- Co-culture with monolayer
- MMP concentration assessments
- Acne models
- Phenotypic screening of drugs
- Basic gut epithelial models
- Cancer invasion assays
- Molecular analysis – pathway targeting
- Cytokine measurement
- Growth factor measurement
- Measurements of extracellular matrix components
- Protease measurement
- Colonised skin models
- Standard anti-viral testing
- Cell proliferation/viability
- Collagen production
- Wound closure in 3D skin
- Biofilm-wound models
- Antiviral fogging
- Corneal model (bacterial adhesion, eye irritation)
- Oral models (oral care, bacterial adhesion)
- Vaginal models (feminine hygiene care/bacterial adhesion)
- Diabetic models
- Gut microbiome models
- Biocidal activity against parasites
Human Cell Types:
Human dermal fibroblasts (normal, adult)
Human epidermal keratinocytes (normal, neonatal)
HeLa (epithelial, adenocarcinoma)
H1-HeLa (epithelial, adenocarcinoma, viral susceptibility)
HEK-293 (epithelial, contain adenovirus DNA)
Animal Cell Types:
Vero (epithelial, normal)
L-929 (fibroblast, normal)
RAW 264.7 (macrophage, Abelson murine leukemia virus-induced tumor)
MDCK (epithelial, norma
Our library of test organisms includes:
Enterococcus faecium (VRE)
Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA and MSSA)
Other- please ask.
Get in Touch
We are happy to help with your microbiological requirements and with any other queries you may have.