Microbial contamination in water systems is a global problem that spans industries ranging from water treatment plants to shipping. Microbial infections within water treatment plants pose a wide spread health risk to the population. When these infections become biofilm related, they can prove exceptionally difficult to remove form tubes, pipes and water vats.
For example, biofilm formation on the hulls of ships costs shipping industries billions of dollars. Excessive layers of biofilm material increases the drag, resulting in extra fuel to combat this. New technologies including altered surface structures and antimicrobial paints help to minimise biofilm attachment.
What We Offer
Perfectus Biomed will test biocides, antimicrobial surfaces, paints and other antimicrobial products in order to investigate their ability to prevent and remove both planktonic and biofilm encased microbial populations. Perfectus(UK)
Our testing experience includes working with:
- Anti-microbial paints
- Anti-fouling products
- Wastewater systems
- Water cooling systems
- Non-sterile manufacturing water systems
We offer a range of test methodologies including:
- Pathogen or specific organisms isolation
- Contaminant identification using API ID strips
- Bioburden assessment
- Total viable bacterial count
- Total viable yeast count
- Total viable mould count
- Environmental monitoring
- ASTM G29-96: Standard practice for determining algal resistance of plastic films
Our library of test organism includes…
Choose from our library of test organism including standard reference strains, clinical isolates and environmental isolates.
Single or mixed species assays containing:
Enterococcus faecium (VRE)
Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA and MSSA)
WHO Priority organisms.
Other- please ask.
- Sci-Tech Daresbury post article on Perfectus Biomed’s growth
- Perfectus Biomed attending CBE’s 2018 Biofilm Science & Technology meeting in Montana
- The FDA’s 510(k) Submission Process; Common Reasons for Receiving a Refuse-to-Accept (RTA) Decision
- Perfectus Biomed, BSN Medical and the University of Huddersfield collaborate on Innovate UK project!
- Perfectus Biomed are exhibiting at WCICT 2018
- Perfectus Biomed relocate to brand new office and laboratory!
- Perfectus Biomed are exhibiting at Biofilms 8, 2018
- Perfectus Biomed will be exhibiting at the Dental Technology Showcase 2018
- Perfectus Biomed will be exhibiting at the EWMA 2018 conference
- Our Microbiological Sectors and Services