Dental Biofilm Test Methods
The concept of chronic microbial infections, specifically the term biofilm, entered the scientific and microbiological world in relation to dental biofilms. An example of a dental biofilm is plaque. Plaque is the most well-known and researched area of dental biofilm research with well understood causes and consequences.
Biofilm removal techniques and products have also undergone a large amount of research within the dental world. Removal techniques include teeth brushing and flossing, as well as biofilm disruption agents found in toothpastes and mouthwashes.
Despite the high body of knowledge in the dental industry, there is still a lot of research and development required. This includes the development of products that disrupt and remove oral biofilms as well as anti-microbial products. Anti-microbial products can prevent and remove biofilm material. They can also prevent chronic microbial buildup in dental unit waterlines and on dental surfaces equipment.
Perfectus Biomed offer a range of dental testing methods including oral biofilm assays and ISO 16954: Dental Unit Waterlines Testing.
Please contact us if you would like to discuss test methods that suit your requirements.
Perfectus Biomed’s Experience:
We offer a range of test methodologies which include:
- Single species oral biofilm assays
- Multi-species oral biofilm assays
- ISO 16954: Test methods for dental unit waterline biofilm treatment
Our testing experience includes working with:
- Mouth washes
- Dental unit water lines
- Antimicrobial peptides
Our library of test organism includes…
Choose from our library of test organism including standard reference strains, clinical isolates and environmental isolates.
Single or mixed species assays containing:
Enterococcus faecium (VRE)
Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA and MSSA)
WHO Priority organisms.
Other- please ask.
- Perfectus Biomed are exhibiting at Biofilms 8, 2018
- Perfectus Biomed will be exhibiting at the Dental Technology Showcase 2018
- Perfectus Biomed will be exhibiting at the EWMA 2018 conference
- Our Microbiological Sectors and Services
- Perfectus Biomed are exhibiting at the Symposium on Advanced Wound Care (SAWC) Spring 2018 conference
- Perfectus Biomed are attending Pharmig’s PCP Conference
- World Health Organisation (WHO) released data to show high levels of antibiotic resistance worldwide
- Perfectus Biomed – Microbiological Testing in the USA, Europe, Australia and South Africa
- Perfectus Biomed win Entrepreneur of the Year and the Award for Innovation at the High Sheriff Awards!
- Perfectus Biomed are finalists in the High Sheriff of Cheshire Enterprise Awards