Salary: Competitive + benefits
The post holder will be required to provide a supportive role to the Senior Microbiologists, Microbiologists and Laboratory Technicians within the laboratory, to enable the delivery of microbiological services to all current and prospective clients.
The post holder may be assigned some standard laboratory tasks relating to compliance of ISO 9001 and ISO 17025.
The post holder will be expected to act in a pro-active manner in relation to completion of work that supports projects and the smooth running of the laboratory.
The post holder will support the Technical Manager Senior Microbiologists, Microbiologists and Laboratory Technicians by:
Delivering Laboratory Processes
- Maintaining a clean laboratory,
- Preparing reagents,
- Counting bacterial and fungal colonies,
- Labelling plates and tubes,
- Maintaining bacterial and fungal cultures,
- Entering data,
- Logging-in of samples and storing appropriately,
- Maintaining records,
- Using and maintaining equipment according to procedures,
- Working independently and in a timely manner ensuring all deadlines are met.
- Support the Quality Manager in the maintenance and implementation of quality initiatives such as ISO 9001 and ISO 17025.
- Maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Understand, embrace and present the Perfectus Biomed Mission, Vision and Values throughout all business interactions.
Health & Safety
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures work plans when working within the laboratory environment.
- Be responsible for ensuring the health and safety of themselves and that of all personnel who may work within or visit the site.
- Expected to carry our risk assessments where appropriate.
Participate in ensuring the laboratory is fully stocked with essential supplies to enable the research to be undertaken.
Participation in receipt and delivery of stock ensuring a rotational system is in place for storage of all supplies.
Support the laboratory team with data input and analysis as required.
Communicate verbally in a professional manner with a wide range of personnel.
The post holder will attend all mandatory training as directed.
Thee post holder will be required to undertake any other duties requested within the scope of their ability and role.
Support the Quality Manager in the maintenance and implementation of quality initiatives such as ISO 9001 and ISO 17025.
Education and background requirements:
Degree educated in microbiology/ biology or a similar field is beneficial but not essential.
A-Levels in Biology, Chemistry Maths or Physics are preferred.
A to C grades in GCSEs – English, Maths and science.
Please email email@example.com specifying the role you are interested in and include a cover letter and CV to apply